It can be daunting to pick one specific electric shaver that can be used for both wet & dry shaving. This is because there are many different brands of razors on the market to choose from. I’ll be lying if I recommend any specific electric shaver for you as I have no idea what your skin type is, your shaving preference and the size of your facial hair. Therefore, the list below consists of some of the best wet/dry shavers on the market. Select the one that best suits you.
1. Braun Series 9-9095cc
If you have used an electric shaver in the past, you probably are familiar with the name Braun. If you are new to the electric shaver world, don’t worry. Braun is a German company that has been in the electric razor production business for years, and it is among the best.
Among all the versions of shavers offered by Braun, the Braun Series 9-9095cc is the best shaver on the market and probably the most expensive. When you begin using this shaver, the closer shave it gives will make you immediately realize there is something special about it. So, what is it that makes it stand tall above the rest?
- The presence of an extra trimmer, “Direct & Cut.” This trimmer cuts hairs that grow in multiple directions.
- It has the wet & dry technology that enables you to enjoy any shave you want.
- It can produce up to 40,000 Cycles per minute
- Gives a closer shaving experience than any other shaver you’ve used before
- More comfortable on the skin
- Perfect for those with or without sensitive skins
As you’ll expect, this shaver also has its downsides, and some of them are:
- As a result of its plastic make-up, the Braun Series 9-9095cc is considered to be of poor quality.
- Not pocket-friendly. Its price is almost double that of the 790cc.
2. Philips Norelco Senso Touch 3D
This one is a product of the Philips Company that produces the best Rotary shavers. Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D is effective for both face and the head shaving. It provides a comfortable and close shave and is most efficient for guys that are bald headed. The features that make Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D one of the favorite electric shavers for most users include:
- The presence of 3 independent round foils in the head which can tilt, spin and move downward and upward.
- The “Super Lift & Cut” feature helps in catching neck and jaw line hairs as well as flat hairs, ingrown hairs, and stubbles.
- Availability of wet & dry technology
- Provides an extremely comfortable and close shave
Some of this shaver’s downsides include:
- It has a plastic and rubber make-up; a feature that makes it look less of a premium product.
- The battery is irreplaceable
3. Braun CoolTec
Another offering from Braun Company. If you are the kind of a person whose skin is sensitive to almost all shavers, Braun CoolTec is an outstanding option for you. Want to know why? Keep reading.
- It has a Thermo Electric Cooling technology (TEC) which keeps your skin cool while you are shaving, prevents irritation during shaving and minimizes the burning sensations and redness after shaving. However, don’t use this shaver with gels and foams as it is not compatible with external cooling fluids.
- A SensoBlade technology has been infused in this shaver which helps capture hairs that grow in different directions.
- You can use it in a shower or on dry skin as it has a wet & dry technology
- You can just clean it out or rinse it in water as it is 100% waterproof.
- Its battery lasts for 45 minutes if the cooling feature is off and 15 minutes if the cooling feature is on.
- It only takes one hour for the battery to get fully charged
- It is pocket-friendly
The only reason that may discourage you from buying this electric shaver is the fact that it has a short battery life.
4. Panasonic Arc 5
Are you about to return to manual razors simply because your electric shavers aren’t providing a close shave that you prefer? Don’t make that decision yet. Try Panasonic Arc 5. This is a foil electric shaver that provides a fantastic shave. It is made up of five foils, a LED panel, cleaning and charging dock, 14, 000 CPM linear motor and a side trimmer. The shaver works best for those with a thick and heavy beard.
- It is a wet & dry shaver
- Provides the closest shaving experience
- Side trimmer for the mustache and beard
- The motor prevents tugging and pulling during shaving
- The LED panel helps you keep track of the battery life
- Lacks comfortability
- Not good for sensitive skins
5. Braun 3 Series 340S-4
It is no longer necessary to spend big bucks just to get a clean cut. If you are a guy who is looking for a premium shave at a budget, Braun 3Series 340S-4 has your back. Despite the fact that it comes at a low price, it is highly efficient for wet & dry shaving. It’s made in a manner that it trims the hair in a consistent and even manner; no imperfections to worry about. The SensoFoil feature is effective in capturing stray hairs.
Other added advantages include a middle trimmer, excellent battery life, built-in conditioners to decrease skin irritation, fully washable and waterproof and easy to use.
However, since even motherhood has its downside, this shaver is no exception. It may not be efficient for those individuals with extremely thick beards.
The wet & dry shavers above are only but a few of the best on the market lately. They will help you get a smooth and groomed face. Therefore, you no longer need to spend countless hours browsing the internet in search of the best wet/dry electric razors. Give a try one or several of the options listed above. Additionally, when your razor stops cutting as precisely as it used to, it may be time to replace its head. Always store your razors well in order to enjoy your cherished ritual.